My teacher just gave the class a 20-minute break, somehow I can't even be bothered to scream 'horray!' Seriously, I don't know why I cannot bring myself to concentrate during class. I would argue that all the presentations made during class are all of excellent quality, stuffed with all the good 'law' things that I need to know. However, I can't give a shit. One of my classmates just approached the guy sitting next to me, like 5 seconds ago, and he was talking about this law stuff, about presumptions of the law, about the reputation of some legal scholar whose existence I don't give a f-word. Can you say the f-word on a private blog? Now that sound like a legal question.
I mean, why should I give a crap about the difference between legally wrong and morally wrong, between insane automatism and unsoundness of mind, between justifications and excuses? They all seem to come in from one ear and out the other. Whenever I get to this emo, angsty, teenage mood, I would ask myself why I chose this course to begin with. At times, it seems like I am over-burdening myself with things which I can otherwise live without. Now one thing I have noticed, and those who know me would concur with me, that I tend to write in complex syntactical structures, peppered with superfluous predilection for verbosity, after I joined law school. Anyhoo, back-paddling a little bit to the times of university application, I can still recall that I was so convinced that I wanted to do what I am doing now. Perhaps then I was too much of a wet puppy to acknowledge that I wanted to do what I'm doing now just for the money. Or the prestige even? Whatever. You can't blame a 19-year-old for being and wanting to be human. And rich. Haha. Anw, my point is that back then, I really had to psych myself to be, so to speak, enamoured with this subject. I mean, if I couldn't bluff myself, I wouldn't be able to bluff those law professors at the interview right? LOL.