To begin this foreseeably long post, I would like to apologise for the delay in writing this (again) foreseeably emo post. With the terror of my assignment looming from a 48-hour distance, I had to pay my dues to Lady Justice first before I could bask in the joy of the victory. Not to mention that there was her distant cousin twice-removed, Mr Sandman, who had been badgering me for months already. So yes, when Reality hit hours after the competition ended, she hit with BANG! in all the wrong places. @_@
Moreover, I decided to 'swallow' my very verbal vomit, a.k.a my previous post, because... well, I don't know. Somehow, upon reflection, it just didn't sit right with me because this blog is not protected. And yes, I gotta admit that my technologically challenged mind is incapable of getting around this mesh of virtual network so as to find a way to privatise this blog. (Another long sentence, courtesy of your truly!) Not that I'm ashamed of me past, I think it's quite entertaining actually. Ok, to illustrate my uneasiness: it's like watching American Pie with your parents around. You know what I mean? Like, you watch American Pie all the time, and you're not ashamed of people knowing that you watch American Pie-- not even if your parents know. However, if in the excitement of watching it (no pun intended), all of the sudden, your Ma and Pa walked in on you, it would a bit... eh, weird? I dunno, I guess it's just me. I would therefore apologise to those whose minds have been gravely scarred by the grotesque images in that post. And for those who were lucky enough and didn't read it, you have just been spared the trauma of TMI-ness. (TMI-ness, the splendour of my vocabulary.)
OK, let's cut to the case. FLiCKERHOLIC! ("Flickers") First and foremost, I would like to express my sincerest gratitude for every single one of you. Thank you for putting up with me and my rather annoying idiosyncrasies. Thank you for allowing me to persuade/pressure/trick you into agreeing with my ludicrous, superficial and 'what-the-FLICK-did-he-say?- concept. I am uber thankful that you all grew to like the concept. (Do you now? :) ) I am very very thankful that you were willing to overcome your initial reservations and doubts, and decide to plunge forward into this dubious mess, then built up on it, neaten it up and make wonders with it.
I knew that but for this concept, you guys would probably be able to put more 'you' into the item. I apologise for having to put you in a situation where-- by peer pressure or not-- you have to be contented containing your creative muses in a small, well, container. I'm sorry that instead, you have to grapple with my style of choreography, whatever it is, because by reason of the concept, you can't do what you do best. If I was sick of my own choreography, I could only imagine how you must have felt. To be honest, I was--- and am still-- so so eager to learn more from you guys, your eclectic styles and motley interpretations of the music. Should opportunities (plural, yes) present themselves in the future, I really wished to learn more you.
Truth be told, I was not feeling it days before the competition. Haha. I think it was the stress. We were in a hot mess, there were mountains of school work which we all had to do, schedules were clashing like some sort of bumper-car frenzy AND, to top it all off, the item was stuck at chapter 5 where it was supposed to reach chapter 10 by that time. So, I applaud you guys for putting up with it all, with me especially. You guys are real superstars. If I pressed the wrong buttons during that period of time, I genuinely apologise.
So now, am I to make individual comments? @_@
Queen Bee
I thank you for everything, and am thankful for you, my clone! LOL. It's been amazing working with you. The thing that I really admire you for is that once you dip your foot in the water, you don't hesitate to dive in completely when the need be. You put Flickers first, your life second. Not many people have the ability and willingness to do this, and you are certainly a rare find. Thanks for being the constant voice of pragmatism when it comes to brainstorming. I know at times I have lofty ideas, but you always anchor them back to reality. Truly, an invaluable asset to the team. Thanks for stepping out of your comfort zone and hold center (remarkably at that!) for most parts of the item. I mustn't have been easy, but you shone like a Queen!
DJ Shaggar
Another trooper in the group! Thank you for sticking by it through the thick and thin! I know in addition to Flickers, you had other drama that you had to contend with. However, never you gave up. Speaking of comfort zones, with respect to you and the new sets of dance choreography, it was tantamount to putting a Japanese in Jamaica. LOL. Again, never you gave up. Honestly, I think you can do jazz funk pretty well, minus your looking-up you'd be perfect! :) Haha. NOT TO FORGET, you amazing ear for mixing transitions! *BOW DOWN* With such lousy a technology (Windows Movie Maker), you could really create seamless transitions from one song to another. That's talent with capital T, for sho! Lastly, I really hope that after this competition, you are not discouraged from choreographing! Your choreography is nice! Dun ever let other people tell you otherwise, especially YOURSELF! :)
NikkarooNKR
Ms Boom-boom-ka-POW! Thank you for your amazingness (again, not a word...) and not despising my dancing! Haha. For you, I think more so than for everybody else, this whole odyssey is like an emotional roller coaster. No smooth sailing indeed. I thank you for bouncing back each time a blow was swung your way. It was clearly not easy to cope with the hectic schedule, but you managed to make things flow swimmingly. I genuinely think that if you wanna dive into the dance industry, you really really have a shot. You have a distinct style and performance quality (evidenced by the fb pics) that lights up the stage. Do NOT ever dull your shine for whatever reason ok!!! You're one of those people from whom I could learn a thing or two (or ten?). :))
Arkenxin
I thank you for really really contending with the whole Flicker-ing frenzy that always intensified days nearing to the competitions (heats, semis, finals). I do think-- and I think others would concur with me-- that you are improving at lightning speed. It must have come as a huge surprise to you the amount of time that we ended up putting into the competition. I mean, it surprised me. So, if you have someone who is having her first competition, dealing with dance styles with which she is not familiar, yet is still persistent, crunching it together with rest of the team, what else can you ask for from her? Thanks for tanking the feedback that at times, I know, must not have been easy to hear. I really warmed my heart when I saw you consciously tried to change your muscle memory, especially when I saw you, we were practising my part. It's really these little things that count. :)
Chu Leong
Thanks for not minding working with us, immature JC kids, for the competition, Mr BBoy Santa! LOL. Thanks for lightening up the mood during practices with your goofing around! *reminiscing the so-many-hands-so-many-hands video* And, WOW, you know make-up! Like WOW! I owed my tranny look to you! Haha. But really, you really know how to glam things up-- the shoes, the make-up, the back-combing! LOL. You're like a comprehensive package one should never forget when one wants to join a dance performance/competition. Seriously, one of the strongest pillars holding the item and the team together. Hopefully, I can learn more from you in the future because there's wealth of creative talent bubbling somewhere there which, I think, even you haven't tapped into. Can't wait to see it erupt, and fly out in the open! :)
Sneaky Z
MY GOD! You're like a new man (or woman?)! You, you, you surprised me, in the good way! Like WOW! DUN ever feel that you're inferior! Really, the crowd cheered for you countless times not because of the golden headband! There's talent there! The waacking part waacked my sox off! I think you really have a flair for it. LET'S TAKE waacking classes together! AND I THREATEN YOU TO COME TO NUS AND JOIN BLAST!!! Must come ok! You'll be like the sickest junior by then!!! It's been a pleasure (not in the gross kinda sense) working with you! Thanks for laughing convulsively at me and my unglam moments! Ehleee~ehleee~ehleee! LOL. On a personal note, I think you show those people who doubted you before a run for their money! Can you say: 'in your FACE!' :)
Ok, I'm running out of words (Haha!) and tired. Thank you so so much, FLiCKERHOLIC!