This post sprung out of utter impulse. Basically, waking up, I'm seized by the urge to mark this day-- the first day of the new year, of the new decade. 1-1-'11. That's a lucky number right there.
Anyhoo, last night was a nightmare. Just a heads-up to my fella calories-addicts out there: no head-bashing before breakfast. Make it a golden rule. Heck, make it The Rule if you must because otherwise, frequent head-bashing at low blood sugar level may very well translate into a migraine trigger. Yesterday I had my first meal at 6 p.m.-- shocking and stupid, I know. Anyway, seven hours of enduring pain is clearly no way to welcome the new year. So this pathetic-then-turned-phonophobic-and-photophobic-self succumbed to the throbbing pain, hitting the bed at 11 p.m. on new year's eve (if this isn't sad, I don't know what is), with five tablets of paracetamol circling my system. This was then followed by waking up at 4 a.m. when the sharp pang came back with vengeance. And this still-pathetic-self had to drag myself out of bed and get myself two oranges, some cereal and some tea (i.e. sugar and caffeine), as recommended by www.wikihow.com. Acht-phoo-ey! All of these while continually massaging menthol oil on my right temple to soothe the debilitating pain, albeit to minimal effect. Bummercity.
So now I'm on my sixth tablet in the past 24 hours, two more before I'm flopping on the floor like a fish with foam in my mouth. Either the painkillers have severed the nerved endings connecting to my right brain, or that awkward sleep has thankfully led to increased blood supply to the hipoxic region there, but anyway, the pain currently goes on and off, depending on how violently I change the position my head. Talk about improving my posture.
I'm sure everybody else had a better countdown experience than I did-- so happy new year. And remember, no head-bashing before breakfast. Let's hope this migraine doesn't set the tone for the rest of the year. Fingers crossed (and toes too).