Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Letter To God

Dear God

Hello there, Sir. I know it's been a (long) while since I spoke with You. No excuses. I guess I was just too preoccupied with too many things in life, and truth be told, perhaps there was something that made me wanting to do otherwise. Sincerest apologies. Anyway, like many other mortals, I turn to You at tempestuous times, well not really, since now it's more like the lull before the storm. What I am saying is, there have been times where You let things happen which threw me into a state of tumult, no clear solution, just a jumble of question marks and exclamation marks. For most of the times, things resolved themselves rather swimmingly-- something we, mortals, oft call 'blessings in disguise'. It's all good, in the end at least. And now, it is one of those moments where my gut tells me that the axe is about to be swung in my direction, and all I can do is to armour up for the blow, and to prepare a plan B-- palliative care-- lest I get disemboweled. I know, I know, let's not jump the gun here. But perhaps for just these few seconds, I gotta say: I'm scared. I'm at my wits' end, and all I can do is to have faith. Have faith in You. Much can be criticised about this concept of faith-- of me having one, for that matter-- but whatever this is, be it theological hoax, or pseudo-science, or puny psychological bargain, right now, it's my best bet. Have faith that things are going to be okay. I promise I will try my best to jump over any rational hurdle separating me from it. All I'm praying for is for You to push the storm, should it come soon, to some other time in not so near future, such that when it strikes, I can be the only casualty. If I am to learn something from it, let me learn, but let me learn alone. I know prayers are not a matter of transaction, but I'm just hoping that You see right through all this verbiage. I thank You.

Yours truly

Clueless