Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Week To Live

If you have one week to live, what would you do?

Well, I'm not dying, but I'm losing a life I've plaited for 7 years in a week's time. So in a way, I guess I am dying. Have you ever wondered what would happen if you were dead? I have. I wondered how people would react, whether there would be dear friends reading eulogies of merry memories, and all that jazz.

I have a week left to live. What should I do? I have no freaking clue.

On another note, we are who our closest circle is. This is true. I started my internship two weeks ago or so, and being surrounded by lawyers (and these guys are really the epitomes of success) really takes a boy out of college and whips some reality check on adult life into him. I'm sure for those people who do internships more often than they do online shopping, this whole speak of fruitful internship reeks of cheesey melts on cheese cake. But I only have one, and I am making the most of it.

Anyhoo, these people were effectively a whole different universe that I potentially will be in (well, hopefully) sooner or later. And I actually don't mind it. It is just ironic because I am flying for exchange to have this brand new life stuffed with shenanigans and shit like a turkey on Thanksgiving, and yet I'm having all of this gung-ho carpe-diem attitude at the moment. What inopportunity! What inserendipity!

So today I danced probably for the last time this year. It was good. I think I will miss that feeling. But I'll be fine at the end of the day-- no, at the end of it-- I'm sure. We can't have everything we ever wanted. And while I'm exactly where I want to be at the moment, I know I should be somewhere else.

Hope you are not dealing with the same Gordian knot. (It sucks!)

I have a week to live. I don't want to think about it.