Tuesday, July 6, 2010

For The Sake of Osaka

This journal is actually unplanned. I thought to myself that there was no chance in hell that Imma gonna have the time, energy and patience to document every single teeny meeny detail of the Osaka trip. However, after much persuasion, and toying with the fear that all the fond Osaka memories would just dissolve into the darkest corner of the grey matter, I've decided to pen down some irrelevant, yet memorable bits that are fortunately/coincidentally still latching onto my pathetic memory.

Arrival - 2115 Osaka Time

The Osaka air didn't smell much better than the Singapore air, which I gotta say is totally not a cool thing, literally. I had the impression that Osaka would be this modern city with a nice, not-so-polluted and not-so-Singapore/Jakarta temperate climate (read: not hot!), but the reality is again pretty much far from ideal. Nevertheless, after the interminably long flight (yes, 10 flipping hours) from Singapore, anything that allowed me to straighten my legs would do me good.

The train ride from Kansai Airport to Shin-Imamiya was interesting, and I mean in a good way. The train was worn out with age. It bobbed occasionally, accompanied with the clang of metals rubbing against each other following the train's twisting and turning. The smears of dirt and dust here and there and the cacophony of rattling metal sounds that serenaded me throughout the entire journey gave the train its olden day character-- truly, an experience like never before.

When I got to hotel, I couldn't be happier. I met a long-lost friend twice removed, and we ended up spending the night together. It was good, so so good. In fact, it was one of the best nights I've had in a long time. Air-con, don't ever leave me again! I love you way too much.

Day 1 - 0957 Osaka Time

I felt slightly giddy when I woke up this morning. Must have been the bad wine they served on the plane. One question, why does airplane food have to suck so much? There must be a law somewhere because never once in my many flights with budget airlines have I ever had a good meal on the plane. Hmm...

Oh, I got squashed by the elevator door!

OK, I gotta be honest, Day 1 doesn't end here, but I'm just way too tired to continue this post now. OMG, journal phail. I would try to finish this post asap, if I ever had the time. Ok, I'm crashing now...

Sayonara!