I don't even know where to begin. It all started with three one-and-a-half-hour classes in Osaka. And after five weeks of meeting-ups and practices, twenty six safety pins (just on me), a strip of zebra prints, a bruised left knee and lots and lots (and lots) of sweat, Project R rocked the stage on the finale night.
Truthfully, had I written this post two nights ago, this would have been much angstier (btw, this is not a word) than I do feel right now. Fortunately, after two nights of splurging on unnecessary things which I knew I would regret later on, I am now much more sedated and relaxed. The sore still lingers, don't get me wrong, but it's fine. I mean, I think it's only reasonable and human that it bugged me just a tad bit. Losing's a bitch. No one likes losing. Having said that, it's not like I'm gonna take a knife and start carving death notes on my wrist now. I just need to be a self-centered, self-serving and self-indulging baby for a reasonable time, and I would be a-okay.
The thing that sucked balls is that I really put in my best foot forward in this project. Hell, I put my damn foot, leg, arm, head— everything!— into it. Not that I spent astronomical amount of effort, and necessarily longer time than did everybody else, but I did give it me, and it sucked that despite all that, the odds are still stacked against us-- against me. Yeah, I know, cue words of comfort and wisdom. But hey, someone needed to mourn our loss, and let me be one. It would have been grossly alarming, and dare-I-say disingenuous, if I had said otherwise anyway. So why pretend? I had to feel something, right, and it couldn't— shouldn't— be all positive given the results. Quoi? Ces't la vie. Two nights, two bags of Doritos, two cans of beer and two slaps in the face— I be fine. I am fine, for real for real.
Notwithstanding all this, I have really really enjoyed the ride I took with Project R. It's been five weeks since its inception, and I have the confidence (still) to say that we rocked it in the end! Thanks for giving me a chance to do what I wanted to do and having such a great trust in me. I knew that it wasn't a timely period to join a competition for most of us, so thank you for sticking with it until the very end. I need not say all the cliches, but like I said before, from the start all the way to the finale night, it was real fun, peppered with emo-nemo-ness here and there, but what fun would there be if it had been smooth sailing from start to finish? What didn't kill would make us stronger (cliche!). Don't ruin the experience just because things don't work out the way we wanted, we expected. (You hear that, Calvin!)
A big thank-you to Zong who had to labour together with us, while juggling sixty commitments at a go, and choreo-ed such an inspiring piece for the competition. I'll dance for you anytime! LOL. Thanks to Fred, the ultimate clean-up guru, who turned us, dirty-and-grimy motley bunch, spick-and-span. Of course, Project R girls! Poonie, Chew, Rose and Jack, I can never apologise enough for making you guys undergo a double-dose of Magnus this time 'round. Thanks for enduring my whim and my accidental-yet-frequent sprinkles of sweat during the many runs we did in aircon-ed and non-aircon-ed places. LOL.
I guess, that's it. It's not that bad, huh? :) Project R for the win (regardless)!