Finally season 5 of So You Think You Can Dance is OW-VER!!! I can't believe it's over. How fast and unmemorable this journey has been? Don't you agree? To put things in a nutshell:

JEANINE WON. Big surprise?
HOORAY!!!! (Throwing trumpets and blowing confetti for 5 minutes)
Anyway, let go through the top 4 performance finale, starting from the group routine choreographed by the Emmy-winning choreographer, Mr. Wade Robson. I have always had astronomically high expectation for him because his track record has been simply out-of-this-world, in a good way. No one would and could have ever expected the eclectic styles that had sprung out of this creative genius. So when I read on sytycdism.com that he was choreographing the top 4 group routine, especially knowing that all of top 4 dancers were trained dancers (unlike last season's, i.e. Josh and Twitch), I was so psyched about how Wade was gonna play up the incredible strengths of Brandon, Kayla, Jeanine and Evan.
UNFORTUNATELY he came up with this bad concept of high school jocks and cheerleaders flirting and flailing their pom poms frantically all over the place, which by the way WAS the opening item for the finale show. LIKE WHAT THE ~FLIP~? Was that choreographed by the SAME PERSON who came up with RAMALAMA and SEXYBACK? This bad high school cheerleading I-wouldn't-even-say-dance thing totally did not show how amazing the top 4 dancers were in terms of their technique. Even if it did, the whole high-school thing is such a blah concept and unbefitting for a show that had at least 3 thousand people watching live in the Kodak Theatre. LIKE WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT, Mr. Wade 'Genius' Robson? Been watching too much 90210 an Gossip Girl, haven't you? Guess some people never graduated out of high school...
~ Ok, confession: I actually came up with the first part of this post 2 hours after I watched the show, but something came up (which I do not even remember what or why), so I gotta put it on hold. Soon after, I was just busy, busy, busy, and now I'm trying to redeem myself. Gotta pay my dues.
I have vague recollection of what went down on that finale night, so let's just see what I can fish out from the back of my head.
BRANDON'S SOLO. Wak, wak, waaakkkk... Same style, same level of insane difficulty, same song? Didn't he have anything else to showcase? I mean he's been dancing for practically his whole life, and to get those muscles JUST FROM DANCE means that he must have done like A LOT of dancing. So, why the lack of variety? Why the monotony? The season was already boring and flat as it was, the least thing that he could do as the front-running finalist was to come up with something different, not necessarily better, but at the very least you know, different. Of course having said all this, I do not deny him any of the due credit that he deserved because nevertheless his solos were truly irreplicable.
Then, came along JEANINE. This girl is love, love, love. Her solo, I can safely say, was the most memorable solo I have ever seen on the show. The costume was great, the musicality was great, the techniques were great, and the dancing was Jeaniliciously crisp. She was awesome, not to mention drop-dead gorgeous, and definitely, definitely the most likable and lovable dancer this season. One thing difficult to take in though is the fact that SHE'S YOUNGER THAN I AM! SHE'S 18? I mean, LOOK AT HER! I'd look like a primary school kid standing next to her.
The rest of the night was kinda forgettable. I chuckled a bit when I watched Mia's let's-race-from-one-end-of-the-stage-to-the-other routine. Cool concept, but I imagined if the stage were 10 times the length of the original stage, it would have been some pretty retarded race, especially having Jeanine and Kayla shedding their gazilion-layered skirt throughout the routine. Still Kayla was clearly the better technician (hence, better dancer? LOL. Discuss!) of the two, a bitter truth to swallow for me, a now Jeanine-worshipping convert.
KAYLA WAS 4TH??? Grossly upsetting at first, but indeed her personality and her ceaseless throwing of tricks in the solo performances just did not make her cut-out to be America's favourite dancer. (I made a long, sad frown when I accepted this fact :(, although I did throw my McKendrick, which is three times thicker than a normal Bible, at my old PC when I learnt of the infuriating result.)
ANYWAY, I'm kinda SO OVER Sytycd S5. It's time to pump myself up with the upcoming season!!! SEASON 6 of So You THINK You Can DANCE is coming up on o-nine-o-nine-o-nine! (Just in case you didn't catch that, the season premier airs on 09/09/09~!) CAN'T WAIT!!!
I know this post is kinda lame for a season finale of the awesomest show on TV, but hey, it's been a while and the season wasn't all that memorable in the first place. Will blog more interestingly (l love this word! Lol, random!) in the future. Until then,
Ciao!