Thursday, January 7, 2010

Very Verbal Vomit Reloaded

Ding, dang, it's 2010. When the clock stroke midnight, I was cooped up on my chair, watching Sherlock Holmes. A pretty loser thing I gotta admit, but hey, I would say that it was a not-bad plan, considering I came up with it only 4 hours beforehand. Sherlock Holmes the movie was kinda bad. Call me old school, but I would like to see quick-witted sleuth, in place of Iron Man faking the Brit accent. Just because you put a 40-year old with a pseudo-Brit accent donning an 18th-century outfit in London, that doesn't mean that you have Holmes. And why would you cast a Canadian to play Irene Adler? I mean Rachel McAdams is smoking and everything, but wouldn't Kiera Knightly be better? A lil food for thought!

Something irks me: I have to say that every time I spend a quiet moment alone, like sitting all alone on a bus on my way home from somewhere, I always feel that I have this bubbling feeling wanting to be let out, and then I would think to myself that I would blog about it. However, once I get my ass in front of the computer, everything just seems to disappear. Wierd?

Well, anyway, it's the new year, and it wouldn't be a new year if we don't talk about what happened last year. Hmm... Last year was rough, I have to be honest. The interminable wait for college to start was something that I would not want to repeat ever again in my entire life. I enrolled myself to NUS law school, pretty exciting at first, but hell eventually. Never in my life have I ever seen a group of people that work as hard as these bunch. Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing. It's kinda like being in a race 24/7, and a long and arduous one at that. One thing to note though, I came from a scholastic background, so when I say the words 'work hard', it's no joke. Haha.

Another thing which still clings onto my head is results release day. It's not that grades mean the world to me, but my scholarship kinda does, at least to my parents it does. So I was so stoked when I found out that my grades were good enough for me to keep it. Pat myself on the back for that. Tonnes of congratulations to all my friends who did really well though, I did even think that it was humanly possible for anybody to get some of the grades that you guys did. Haha.

One highlight of the new year which I must, must highlight (weird sentence?) is FLICKERHOLIC! After countless emo sessions, late-nights, mos burgers, fries, tears, blood, sweat, and of course practice, practice, practice, we managed to get into the SEMIS! WAHOO! It's definitely a good, good thing. A very good thing. Hopefully the universe will continue to align in our direction in the future.