Friday, July 24, 2009

My Take on the 100th Episode of Sytycd S5

Alright, let's be serious about this. After the whole big WHO-HA of an introduction, with all the teaser clips shown in the previous episodes, this 100th-episode anniversary show was not as exciting as I though it would be. It was still a great show (and I can honestly say that Sytycd is probably my favorite reality/competition show on television EVER), but this highly anticipated episode fell short below my expectations. Like for real!

The opening of the opening item was sick and twisted (I like this phrase: 'sick and twisted', LOL) in the good way. The broken mirrors, the whiteness and the joker-esque make up were really cool, but the dancing was just a lot of cannons. They took a couple of shots of Kayla (my angel...) throughout the routine, which somehow gave me the feeling that the show was desperately trying to promote her.

Anyway, three of the most memorable routines in the last 5 seasons were staged on the show: Ramalama, The Park-bench and The Humming Bird and The Flower, together with some jazz performance by one of Dizzy Feet founders, who also was Tom Cruise's guise for his hiding-in-the-closet secret, Miss Katie Holmes. One thing I have to say is that the execution of The Park-bench routine sucked balls big time. The chemistry was not there! I hated Heidi's platinum blonde hair! I hated Travis' tatoo on his arm! It lacked the sheer innocence and the genuine partnership which Heidi and Travis had had the last time. It was disappointing.

Okay, first SHOCK of the season:

EVAN WAS NOT IN THE BOTTOM 4!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!

WHO IS VOTING FOR THIS
DINKY BROADWAY NONSENSE?
Is he getting pity votes because the judges blatantly tried to crush him in last night's performance? Did people actually like him better over Ade, or Jason, or Brandon? THE GUY'S GOT ONLY ONE FACIAL EXPRESSION! HE'S DROOPY!
DINKY DROOPY!


Whoaw...


I'm sorry. This I realise is a bit much. Boy, I'm upset tonight. Which reminds me, JANETTE WAS SENT HOME! This crazy-ass firecracker!

Janette has been my only hope for seeing personality on the show this season! She has done nothing wrong on the show, other than getting Evan this week. Her back can bend in a whoop of a second, her legs trod that Sytycd stage like needles, and her versatility is just awesome! She kinda reminds me a little bit of Sabra (S3 winner), probably because they both have petite frames and latina features. Ok, Janette is not my number one favorite, but she really did not deserve to go home! Even Nigel made some noise after the elimination. And... the thing which I just worship her for is the fact that she does not neglect her education in spite of her amazing dance career. Come on! She actually has a finance degree! She is a living, breathing proof that you can be a dancer and have a conventional job or life concurrently. OUGH... I'm gonna miss her.

Okay, Evan has got to go home next week, or else I'll just get a computing degree in a week's time and sabotage that phone line! It's so clear now that Ade and Brandon are gonna sit there in the finals. For the girls, my pick? Kayla and Jeanine. I adore both of these girls, but given the current situation, Jeanine will probably win (but I want Kayla to win!).

Bummer... I don't feel like doing anything now.

Ciao!